Athletics and extracurricular activities are critical components to the K-12 school experience. Following VDOE, CDC, and VHSL guidelines, CCPS has developed a Return-to-Play program. Athletics coaches and extracurricular sponsors have received specific safety related information pertaining to their sport or activity.
The VHSL voted on July 27, 2020, to move forward with Model 3 in its re-opening of sports and activities for the 2020-21 school year. Model 3 delays all VHSL sports and activities until December 14 and adopts the Condensed Interscholastic Plan. This model leaves all sports in the season where they are currently aligned.
Model 3 – Condensed Interscholastic Plan
- Season 1 (Winter) December 7 – February 20
- basketball & cheer Dec. 7. First Contest: Dec. 22 indoor track, swim/dive, wrestling Dec. 14. First Contest: Dec. 29
- Season 2 (Fall) February 4 – May 1
- cheer & football Feb. 4. First Contest: Feb. 22 cross country, field hockey, golf, volleyball Feb. 15. First Contest: March 1
- Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26 (First Contest Date – April 26)
- baseball, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field
Athletes in all sports may have the option to participate in out-of-season conditioning. Game schedules and contact info. for head coaches are posted: www.battlefielddistrictva.org
The return to play plan is attached. There is also an agreement that must be signed by athletes and parents. Any athlete wishing to participate must have a valid VHSL sports physical. Only physicals dated after May 1, 2020 are valid. Physicals should be turned in to athletic trainer, L.T. Batiste. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Sports Try-Outs: Tryouts for Boys & Girls Soccer, Baseball, Softball, Boys & Girls Tennis, and Track & Field will begin on Monday, 4/12. If you are interested in playing a sport then you should make plans to stay after school or arrive by 3:15. You must have a valid, completed VHSL Sports Physical in order to try out for a team. https://www.vhsl.org/sports-medicine/physical-examination/
- Please make arrangements to have your ride at CHS to pick you up at 5:30.
Spring Season: Baseball: Zac Foltz, email@example.com Softball: Jasmine Blackwell, firstname.lastname@example.org Boys Soccer: Brian Whyte, email@example.com Girls Soccer: Jono Rollins, firstname.lastname@example.org Boys Tennis: Archie Roberts, email@example.com Girls Tennis: Janelle Brooks, firstname.lastname@example.org Outdoor Track: Sansberry Harvey, email@example.com
The links below will take you to various documents related to the CCPS athletics and extracurricular plans.